Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting files from "Recent" in Finder

i want to delete files from "Recent" section on Finder to get more space on MacAir HD. Are the original files also removed from the hard drive and/or from the iCloud or Dropbox as well?

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:57 PM

i want to delete files from "Recent" section on Finder to get more space on MacAir HD.

Merely deleting the list of recently opened files or documents won't accomplish that.

Find and delete files on your Mac - Apple Support explains methods of finding large files or downloads you might want to delete, and Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support provides instructions for your specific concern.

I don't know about Dropbox, but generally speaking when you delete files from your Mac they are not deleted from "cloud" storage systems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 4:57 PM in response to ThomascG

i want to delete files from "Recent" section on Finder to get more space on MacAir HD.

Merely deleting the list of recently opened files or documents won't accomplish that.

Find and delete files on your Mac - Apple Support explains methods of finding large files or downloads you might want to delete, and Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support provides instructions for your specific concern.

I don't know about Dropbox, but generally speaking when you delete files from your Mac they are not deleted from "cloud" storage systems.

Deleting files from "Recent" in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.