Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro keeps disconnecting from Studio display

Weird situation. We have two Studio displays. A macbook pro 16 in is connected to one. We did an update to 12.3 and then weird stuff happened.

If I connect the Macbook Pro 16 in to Studio display 1, it keeps disconnecting. If I connect our other Macbook Pro 13 to that same Studio display 1 that is also on 12.3, every thing is good.

If I connect the Macbook 16 in to our Studio display 2, every thing is good. If I connect our other Macbook Pro that is also on 12.3, every thing is also good.

The problem arrises only if I connect the Macbook Pro 16 in to Studio Display 1.

Solutions?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 6:09 PM

7 replies

Mar 24, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Yves Nadon

UPDATE :

I found what seems to be the problem. The Studio display 1 does not charge the Macbook Pro 16 in enough. When I put in the charger on top of the Thunderbolt cable, everything is fine. The problem seems, that's since the update, the Display does not send enough power thru the thunderbolt cable (and yes, I tried another cable and the problem persists).

Something to do or wait for an update for the display?

Mar 24, 2022 6:29 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

UPDATE :

I found what seems to be the problem. The Studio display 1 does not charge the Macbook Pro 16 in enough. When I put in the charger on top of the Thunderbolt cable, everything is fine. The problem seems, that's since the update, the Display does not send enough power thru the thunderbolt cable (and yes, I tried another cable and the problem persists).

Something to do or wait for an update for the display?

Macbook pro keeps disconnecting from Studio display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.