Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m using I 6s,it indicates that it is due for an update but it doesn’t give me an option to download or installed software. Is it true that WhatsApp on the IPhone 6s,it will stop working on the at the end of September?

I’m using I 6s,it indicates that it is due for an update but it doesn’t give me an option to download or installed software. Is it true that WhatsApp on the IPhone 6s,it will stop working on the at the end of September?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:41 PM

Are you absolutely sure you have an iPhone 6s, and not just an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? The latter cannot be upgraded past iOS 12.5.6. However, the former should be able to upgrade to iOS 15.x.

As far as WhatsApp, you will need to contact the developer to confirm when they will stop support older versions of iOS.

Ref: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2022 10:41 PM in response to thokozani224

Are you absolutely sure you have an iPhone 6s, and not just an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? The latter cannot be upgraded past iOS 12.5.6. However, the former should be able to upgrade to iOS 15.x.

As far as WhatsApp, you will need to contact the developer to confirm when they will stop support older versions of iOS.

Ref: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.