Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disruptive Continuity Camera Popup on iPhone

I just updated my M2 MacBook Air to Ventura (macOS 13) and my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 16.1. Ever since then, I keep getting these disruptive pop-up messages on my iPhone that I suspect are related to the new Continuity Camera function. Every time these messages pop up, they knock me out of whatever app I was using on my iPhone back to the home screen, which has really messed up some of my important workflows. I don't know how to stop these from popping up. The message says:

Connected to M2 MacBook Air

You can disconnect to remove this iPhone from the Mac camera list.

It then has a "Pause" and a "Disconnect" button underneath the message. However it pops up on the screen for only a couple of seconds and then goes away before I can click on either button.

I've attached a screenshot showing the message. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this message from constantly popping up and causing whatever app I happen to be in to exit?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 3:27 PM

Try force restart - press and release volume up, then volume down, and then hold power button until you see apple logo. Afterwards, ensure that "Continuity Camera" is disabled (if you are not interested in this function), under Settings -> General -> Airplay & Handoff -> Continuity Camera.

This annoying screen kept cropping up every time after the screen locked.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 3:27 PM in response to OferFox

Try force restart - press and release volume up, then volume down, and then hold power button until you see apple logo. Afterwards, ensure that "Continuity Camera" is disabled (if you are not interested in this function), under Settings -> General -> Airplay & Handoff -> Continuity Camera.

This annoying screen kept cropping up every time after the screen locked.

Disruptive Continuity Camera Popup on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.