Cant redeem the free 6 month apple music free trail from airpods

Hi, I recently bought AirPods pro second generation and went to apple music to redeem the 6-month offer it required me to input my credit card into my apple id so I cancelled it and went to get my credit card. When I returned the promotion was gone and it doesn't appear again.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 4:15 AM

Hey bro, 100% sympathetic to your case. I got into the same situation because of using the 1 month trial that led to me missing out on the 6 months promotion!

I am very unhappy about Apple’s service regarding Apple marketing about their 6 months Apple Music promotion for new Airpods purchased.

I purchased Airpods pro 2 on April 2023, but because I have clicked on 1 month free trial before, now they are not letting me to redeem the 6 months Apple Music promotion.

This promotion was one of my main considerations when purchasing Airpods.

Very disappointed about the way Apple hides conditions & don’t allow

users to redeem their eligible promotion!

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 4:15 AM in response to David Clark 2

Hey bro, 100% sympathetic to your case. I got into the same situation because of using the 1 month trial that led to me missing out on the 6 months promotion!

I am very unhappy about Apple’s service regarding Apple marketing about their 6 months Apple Music promotion for new Airpods purchased.

I purchased Airpods pro 2 on April 2023, but because I have clicked on 1 month free trial before, now they are not letting me to redeem the 6 months Apple Music promotion.

This promotion was one of my main considerations when purchasing Airpods.

Very disappointed about the way Apple hides conditions & don’t allow

users to redeem their eligible promotion!

May 24, 2024 9:57 AM in response to nagelc23

It all depends on the Apple ID that was used for any previous free trial. There is no other way to be able to determine that each user has the opportunity to use only one free trial and if your son used yours, not sure why that would be a valid exception or even be enforceable. There just isn't a promotion that gives users who spend a certain amount on Apple products an additional free trial.

It does bring up a valid suggestion of offering Loyalty Perks. It is not something they currently offer, but may be a great idea.

Mar 15, 2023 11:39 AM in response to takhdeer

Hello Takhdeer,

We'd like to provide you with a few steps that may be able to assist you with redeeming your Apple Music free trial:

"How to redeem your offer:

1. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.

2. Pair your eligible audio device to your iPhone or iPad.

3. Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in with your Apple ID. If the offer doesn't appear immediately after launching the app, go to the Listen Now tab where it will appear.

4. Tap Get 6 months free."

You can follow this link and select "Get Started" option: Get Apple Music free for 6 months.

If you can't redeem your promotion for an Apple subscription, follow these steps:

1. "Make sure that you're eligible

To see if the promotional trial is still current, visit apple.com/promo. Most offers are available for only a limited time. To make sure that the device or subscription that you purchased qualifies for the offer, read the terms and conditions.

If your offer isn't listed, it might have come from another company. Contact that company for help with redeeming the offer.

2. Check if you or a family member already redeemed the offer

If you or a family member already redeemed the offer, you can't redeem it again.

3. Update the software on your device

Update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOSmacOSwatchOS, or tvOS. Then try to redeem the promotion again.

4. Sign in on the eligible device

To redeem some promotions, you need to sign in with your Apple ID on the eligible device. Then try to redeem the promotion again.

If your eligible device is a Mac and you've just set it up, you might need to wait at least 4 hours for the offer to appear.

If you're still unable to redeem your offer, we suggest that you reach out to Apple directly. You can follow this link to connect with them: Get Support

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

Take Care.

Mar 15, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Grace2211

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue. Because I tried the (disappointing) Apple Music Voice Plan last year, that disqualified me from the free six month trial of Apple Music that was offered for having purchased AirPods Pro. On the Voice Plan, Siri was rarely able to understand what music I was asking for, so I gave up quickly. I guess I'll never know what Apple Music is like.

May 24, 2024 9:44 AM in response to takhdeer

Loyal Apple user of 30 years here. I had the same issue--apparently my son got a free trial on my Apple ID in 2022 and so now I am not eligible for the free trial after purchasing a pair of AirPod Pros a few days ago. I have never personally used Apple Music.

I spent more than an hour on chat and phone trying to get someone to make an exception to no avail. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing as I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on Apple products over the 30 years I have been a Mac user. Apple clearly does not value customer loyalty and appears to have no interest in letting me try Apple Music.

Anyhow, I plan to return my AirPod Pros (there are decent wireless earbuds for a fraction of the cost that will meet my needs) and won't subscribe to Apple Music. Honestly very sour on Apple right now.

May 24, 2024 10:20 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Yes, I understand that it is not enforceable. What I am disappointed by is the seeming lack of consideration given for customer/brand loyalty. For example, I have had the experience of other companies being willing to make exceptions to stated policies for minor issues after taking into account customer history. In this case, Apple can easily see (from my store history, etc) that I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on various products over the years, and all I am asking is a few months free trial to a service that they want me to use.

Agree that Loyalty Perks would be a great idea. I think they are such a large company now that they just don't have to worry about rewarding loyalty. A long way from the days when Apple was the underdog and ran ads branding Microsoft as the heartless corporate behemoth!

Cant redeem the free 6 month apple music free trail from airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.