How to enable tap to click on Magic Mouse?

Is there a way for me to just tap my Magic Mouse, just as I would on a trackpad, instead of having to click it?

The hardware is technically capable since I can tap twice to enter Mission Control. I'm wondering if there's a setting in System Preferences that I can toggle to enable tap-to-click.

Posted on May 8, 2023 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 5:00 PM

Hi richmondsim,

The behavior that you describe is available for the Magic Trackpad, but not listed as an option for the Magic Mouse. All Multi-Touch gestures for these devices are illustrated at Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac.

To provide feedback regarding your experience with your Mac, visit Feedback - Magic Mouse.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 5:00 PM in response to richmondsim

Hi richmondsim,

The behavior that you describe is available for the Magic Trackpad, but not listed as an option for the Magic Mouse. All Multi-Touch gestures for these devices are illustrated at Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac.

To provide feedback regarding your experience with your Mac, visit Feedback - Magic Mouse.

Regards.

How to enable tap to click on Magic Mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.