AirPods Pro Gen 2 low call volume on MS Teams on Windows 11

When using the AirPods Pro (2nd generation), the volume is normal when not in a call. However, during calls, the volume is significantly lower. It appears that connecting AirPods Pro (1st generation) does not result in the same issue.

It would be helpful to know if others have experienced the same issue with AirPods Pro (2nd generation) on Windows 11 when using Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 12:28 PM

I just had this issue and solved it! All you need to do is, when you're on a call (whether it's MS Teams, Zoom, or Ring Central), turn the volume up by using the stem on the AirPods. If you don't know how to do this, you can swipe upwards on the front side of the AirPod stem. I would recommend turning this all the way up. You know when it's at 100% because you'll hear a higher pitch noise than when you are just increasing the volume. Then, change the volume on your computer to the appropriate volume.

I think this is happening because there are two volumes. The first is a master volume that's used when you aren't in a call. The second volume is only used when you are on a call, but it is layered under the master volume. So if the master volume is really low, no matter how high you make the call volume, it can't make up for the master volume being really low. The issue arises because the AirPods can only adjust the master volume, which is hidden when you are on a call.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 12:28 PM in response to SparnoAcorn

I just had this issue and solved it! All you need to do is, when you're on a call (whether it's MS Teams, Zoom, or Ring Central), turn the volume up by using the stem on the AirPods. If you don't know how to do this, you can swipe upwards on the front side of the AirPod stem. I would recommend turning this all the way up. You know when it's at 100% because you'll hear a higher pitch noise than when you are just increasing the volume. Then, change the volume on your computer to the appropriate volume.

I think this is happening because there are two volumes. The first is a master volume that's used when you aren't in a call. The second volume is only used when you are on a call, but it is layered under the master volume. So if the master volume is really low, no matter how high you make the call volume, it can't make up for the master volume being really low. The issue arises because the AirPods can only adjust the master volume, which is hidden when you are on a call.

Jun 14, 2023 10:48 AM in response to SparnoAcorn

Hey SparnoAcorn,

We'll be happy to help out with this! Try cleaning the AirPods Pro using the proper procedure here, then see if that helps with call volume: How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support. If that doesn't help, does it seem to only happen when using the specific programs you mentioned? Does it occur when listening to other types of audio on the same computer? This information will help us isolate the issue a little more.

Keep us updated!

AirPods Pro Gen 2 low call volume on MS Teams on Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.