I believe I am a prime candidate for Lockdown Mode, but my device is likely already managed without my knowing. Can Apple Support confirm or deny this is happening by looking through my analytics data? I am not a tech person!

I am new to IPhone, switched from Android as I believed this would be a more secure device. I do believe I am being targeted by individuals who know their way around tech and are very likely developers who have not let me have a stock phone for years. I am aware this is happening because settings and functionality are constantly changing.

i.e.....

Passwords have been changed,

Analytics show weird things in them

have seen multiple different examples of "other users" or rootNboot capabilities being accessed through skimming long debug files

cameras never function as well as they are supposed to

I believe I am getting internet that is "premade" for me if that makes sense? I am allowed to search whatever I want but they will custom tailor it in real time... I can't explain it but it HAS to be happening that way, I just know it I do not have ability to screen shot or copy and paste these examples just yet, id like to see what kind of replies I get here.

this has been a headache and a daily waking nightmare for over 2 years now, I'm now a single mom who's being isolated from everyone and everything. I'm here looking for help

if you're reading this, know I appreciate you and you could be saving my life with a reply

thank you

MambaMommy

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 11:59 PM

TheLittles wrote:

MambaMommy Said:
"I believe I am a prime candidate for Lockdown Mode, but my device is likely already managed without my knowing. Can Apple Support confirm or deny this is happening by looking through my analytics data? I am not a tech person!"
-------

How to Turn Off Lockdown Mode on a Mac:***
Choose the Apple menu > System Settings1. .
From the sidebar, click Privacy & Security1. .
Scroll down to Lockdown Modethen click Turn Off1. .

***Source:  About Lockdown Mode - Apple Support

I think you misunderstand.

It sounds like the OP thinks she has been the victim of sophisticated cyber-attacks both on Android phones and on iPhones. My guess is that she wants to turn Lockdown Mode on – but that she is afraid that turning it on now would be like closing a barn door after the horse had escaped.

There might be perfectly logical explanations for the things that the OP is concerned about that do not point to sophisticated cyber-attacks. For instance, in a different thread, a different OP was convinced that their iPhone was being hacked because they had seen a crash dump for itunescloudd (or something like that). That person was sure this was evidence of hacking, even though it really looked more like a non-hacking-related case of an iOS background process eating up more CPU than expected, and getting logged/crashed for its trouble.

And "cameras never function as well as they are supposed to"? That's an odd basis on which to conclude that one's phone is being "targeted by individuals who know their way around tech and are very likely developers who have not let me have a stock phone for years."

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 11:59 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

MambaMommy Said:
"I believe I am a prime candidate for Lockdown Mode, but my device is likely already managed without my knowing. Can Apple Support confirm or deny this is happening by looking through my analytics data? I am not a tech person!"
-------

Choose the Apple menu > System Settings1. .
From the sidebar, click Privacy & Security1. .
Scroll down to Lockdown Modethen click Turn Off1. .

I think you misunderstand.

It sounds like the OP thinks she has been the victim of sophisticated cyber-attacks both on Android phones and on iPhones. My guess is that she wants to turn Lockdown Mode on – but that she is afraid that turning it on now would be like closing a barn door after the horse had escaped.

There might be perfectly logical explanations for the things that the OP is concerned about that do not point to sophisticated cyber-attacks. For instance, in a different thread, a different OP was convinced that their iPhone was being hacked because they had seen a crash dump for itunescloudd (or something like that). That person was sure this was evidence of hacking, even though it really looked more like a non-hacking-related case of an iOS background process eating up more CPU than expected, and getting logged/crashed for its trouble.

And "cameras never function as well as they are supposed to"? That's an odd basis on which to conclude that one's phone is being "targeted by individuals who know their way around tech and are very likely developers who have not let me have a stock phone for years."

Sep 28, 2023 10:55 PM in response to MambaMommy

MambaMommy Said:

-------

1. Choose the Apple menu > System Settings.
  2. From the sidebar, click Privacy & Security.
  3. Scroll down to Lockdown Modethen click Turn Off.

I believe I am a prime candidate for Lockdown Mode, but my device is likely already managed without my knowing. Can Apple Support confirm or deny this is happening by looking through my analytics data? I am not a tech person!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.