Can't print two-sided copies on Pages on new iMac

In Print set-up, Pages no longer has a box marked two-sided copies to check on my new iMac, running Sonoma 14.0. Is this a fault in the software? I don't print much, but it's helpful when printing long documents to have this option. The experts on Apple Support have been unable to help. Neither have the folks at the Apple Store. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

iMac 24″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 4:45 AM

This is because of macOS Sonoma! Unlike on macOS Monterey, for example, on macOS Sonoma system apps are no longer support double-sided printing for a document with one page! Even when several copies are needed. On previous macOS you could start printing many copies of one page double-sided, but now you can't!

Fortunately, using Brother iPrint&Scan app will help – there you can still print everything double-sided, even documents which consist of only 1 page

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2023 4:45 AM in response to NewPortlandgrandma

This is because of macOS Sonoma! Unlike on macOS Monterey, for example, on macOS Sonoma system apps are no longer support double-sided printing for a document with one page! Even when several copies are needed. On previous macOS you could start printing many copies of one page double-sided, but now you can't!

Fortunately, using Brother iPrint&Scan app will help – there you can still print everything double-sided, even documents which consist of only 1 page

Oct 11, 2023 6:22 AM in response to NewPortlandgrandma

I am looking at the print panel for Pages v13.2 on macOS Sonoma 14.0. If you have a one page document opened in Pages, then the print panel disables Double-sided, and if the document is two or more pages, then Double-Sided is active, but may be set to Off. It will show this even if your printer is powered off, as mine is right now.

If you upgraded to Sonoma, and your printer driver is now incompatible with the operating system, this panel may now show what you expect, and you should check the printer vendor site for updated driver support for Sonoma.

If you are using Apple's AirPrint, you may need to remove and re-add your printer once more for the new operating system.

Can't print two-sided copies on Pages on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.