Related Article: Apple security releases

My update is stuck on “verifying.” What should I do?

Trying to update iwatch series 6 to iOS 10.0.1 but update is stuck in

“verifying” process. What should I do?

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 6:20 PM

Hi, I am encountering the same problem however it says “checking for update” and just continues to spin and spin. Any idea how I can get my Apple Watch to update?

26 replies

Oct 15, 2023 1:21 PM in response to SheilaJ14

Hello SheilaJ14,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

If you're having issues updating your Apple Watch, you'll want to try the actions provided in article, Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

"Need more help with updating?

Try these steps:

1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is connecting properly to its charger
  2. Restart your Apple Watch.
  3. Restart your paired iPhone.
  4. Try again to update your Apple Watch.

If the update won't start:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap General > Software Update.
  3. Delete the update file.
  4. Try again to update your Apple Watch.

Learn what to do if you see 'Cannot Install Update' when updating Apple Watch or if your Apple Watch says you need more available storage to install a watchOS update."

If you need additional help, contacting Apple Support would be a good idea. You can reach them at Get Support.

Best regards.

Apr 15, 2024 12:12 AM in response to Mic8ael12

This worked for me! Thank’s for the tip! I was in contact with apple support and the person I spoke with verified that this was a big problem and that they didn’t have a fix for it. They only asked me to get back to them during the week. But the thing about deleting the OS update and turning off auto updates solved it for me, for now.

Apr 12, 2024 8:11 AM in response to Jhixson52

Same here! My phone updated last night and I started using my fully charged watch when I got up ot 7. At 8 my watch was down to 10%. I’ve never needed to charge my watch during the day, ever!

While researching THAT issue, I’m now also stuck trying to do the 10.4 update. I’ve restarted everything so many times I can’t even count. It never finishes the 10.4 update and I have no idéa of what happened with my phone update last nigth vs the fact that my watch battery is crashing. Why isn’t Apple doing anything about this??

Apr 12, 2024 3:58 AM in response to puckio

Same with me. iOS is the latest, restarted both phone and watch, both connected to the electrical power, watch has 60% of its space free and its battery at 90%, but no improvement, the update is stuck at the preparation phase. Any ideas?

PS if I remember correctly some problem happened at the previous update and the solution was to shut down the watch (but now this does not work)

My update is stuck on “verifying.” What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.