iMac 27 Inch 2020 Intel Keyboard issues

I have an iMac 27 inch 2020 intel model with the wireless keyboard and mouse running latest version of Ventura.

The keyboard starts behaving strangely every so often where, when typing, there is a one/two second delay before characters appear on the screen. If I plug it in then it works OK.

I have tried all possible ways of resetting bluetooth, reconnecting the keyboard and restarting the Mac. It temporarily works OK but then it goes into delay mode. I have checked accessibility and there is no delay set.

Recently it has started pinging every so often as I am typing.

This is very strange and I am not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue or has any ideas of what to do.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 4:01 AM

8 replies

Dec 11, 2023 3:55 AM in response to dialabrain

Just by way of an update:

What actually seems to be happening is when typing long text in a word document, as I reach the bottom of a page the cursor seems to disappear from the document which results in nothing being typed.

I then have to click the mouse back in the document to allow me to continue typing.

So perhaps it is not a keyboard issue after all but a mouse issue? Why should the mouse cursor randomly disappear/move away from a document?

iMac 27 Inch 2020 Intel Keyboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.