Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Live Captions not working

Live captions not working. It can be turned on, but cannot generate captions neither the Video or via microphone. It frozen at “Listening “ forever. I asked online Apple service person, tried everything, restart, reset all settings, force restart, update to the latest version 17.1.2, still not working.

when restart it turned up a “downloading” sign on the box.

hope to get a solution to this.

thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 12:13 PM

I have the same problem with the original poster, but I thought only when using Zoom, and only the last couple of days. It seems to be a more general problem now. I tried NPR and a Youtube video. Same problem, "listening." It was working fine before, but now it stays "listening" and goes no further. I'm running 17.4.1 on my Ipad. It is a critical app for me as a severely hard of hearing person.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2024 12:13 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have the same problem with the original poster, but I thought only when using Zoom, and only the last couple of days. It seems to be a more general problem now. I tried NPR and a Youtube video. Same problem, "listening." It was working fine before, but now it stays "listening" and goes no further. I'm running 17.4.1 on my Ipad. It is a critical app for me as a severely hard of hearing person.

Live Captions not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.