Windows Apple Music - iPhone Sync Issues

I'm really struggling to use Apple Music (and Apple Devices) on my computer ever since switching to it from iTunes. I'm debating trying to switch back at this point cause the issues have gotten so annoying to deal with (which I'm sure won't be a fun process anyway.)

Whenever I add music to Apple Music, it will copy it into it's media folder and play it fine until I decide to restart the app or my computer. After that, it just stops. It won't play anything I added at all until I remove it and readd it.

After that, it won't sync over to my iPhone (13 mini running 17.3.1) unless I sync about 5 times repeatedly, in which it may copy over about 1 or 2 songs before deciding to stop again. I end up having to remove the songs I just added again from Apple Music, then readd them once more in hopes that it'll actually sync over, in which I sometimes have to do this twice before it finally syncs my new music.

After that, it refuses to copy over some of the metadata (typically album art) until I restart the two applications and try to sync twice more (If I only sync once, it'll remove songs from the last time I did this syncing ordeal and refuse to add the metadata again) in which it will finally have synced over the music I added.

This is a massively annoying process I have to undergo just to add some songs to my phone. Is there anything I could try? I've already tried reinstalling the apps and running updates on my Windows 10 computer but that's about as far as I've gone.

Tl;dr Syncing to my iPhone since switching to the Apple Music app just outright sucks and is an ordeal. Help!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 8:58 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Windows Apple Music - iPhone Sync Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.