Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Photo screen is locked. Can’t use any controls.

When I go to photos, my screen is locked. I have to get photos via camera thumbnails. How do I unlock the photos?

iPhone XS, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 20, 2024 9:53 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2024 9:21 PM in response to pamslarry

pamslarry Said:

"Photo screen is locked. Can’t use any controls.: When I go to photos, my screen is locked. I have to get photos via camera thumbnails. How do I unlock the photos?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked App:

How would you Define "Locked"?

Is the app stalled? Can you see the GUI and all? Or is the app dulled out? Or is the screen black? Or is is locked in some other manor?

What to Try:

A. Close All Apps:

If it is locked, then the app is not responding. So, close all apps, as one may be giving issue in the background.

These Apps may be open. So, save what need be, and then close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up form the bottom-left corner of your screen. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

B. Perform a Force Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart. See if you can then perform this. Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

Photo screen is locked. Can’t use any controls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.