Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

messenger notification will not alert my iPhone when I am wearing the watch or within range of the iwatch

I bought a new iWatch SE with no data just Wi-Fi access and have iphone 12 mini. If I am only using my iphone and not wearing my watch or near my watch. I receive the messenger notifications on my iphone with no problem. If I am wearing the watch I never get any notifications from Messenger on either device . I don't have problems with any other apps they notify me as usual. I know messenger does not work on iWatch anymore and that is fine with me. However I need it to notify my iphone at all times. We use messenger all the time to communicate with my elderly mother. I will have to get rid of the watch if this is not resolved. Desperately needed some help. Or is there a phone number for tech help from apple?

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 5:47 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2024 11:57 PM in response to blteeter

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only available on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps won't appear on your iPhone.

• The red notification icon will appear at the top of your watch face when you have unread notifications. If you want to hide the notification icon, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Notifications, then turn off Notifications Indicator.

When you read or dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they'll also be also dismissed from your iPhone.

messenger notification will not alert my iPhone when I am wearing the watch or within range of the iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.