Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPhone version 17.4.1 upgrade affecting Xcode and MacOS compatibility

Hi, I develop flutter apps for android and iOS. My iPhone 12 recently updated to iOS Version 17.4.1 after which is was unable to run my app from VS Code on my Mac. Google revealed that I needed to upgrade Xcode which I then upgraded from version 14.3 to 15.3. I then discovered that Xcode 15.3 wont run on MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 and had to upgrade to Somona 14.4.1. I am still getting error when trying to run the app from both VS Code and Xcode getting several errors. Could you assist with a proper migration guide for my situation?

As I am a total newbie, please be kind...

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 9:02 AM in response to bbester169

You’re using third-party cross-platform tools, and not the Apple native tools more commonly discussed around here.

For assistance with Microsoft Visual Studio Code and its apps and tooling, best use the VSC-related forums.

For assistance with Flutter apps and cross-platform development, best use the discussion communities that Flutter recommends: https://flutter.dev/community

The current Xcode version requires macOS 14. If your Mac is on macOS 13, you will have to upgrade that Mac to macOS 14, or might have to replace that Mac with one that can run macOS 14 if that Mac is older and isn’t supported with macOS 14.

What that macOS upgrade or that Xcode upgrade might do to VSC or Flutter, I do not know.

iPhone version 17.4.1 upgrade affecting Xcode and MacOS compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.