Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Notes app overlapping content navigation glitch

My iPhone 12mini running iOS 17.4.1 and iPad Air 4 with similar issues with the Notes app.

1) When moving the cursor with the space key I find it lands half way between 2 lines of text. When I alter the

text in the position I think it should be in, it alters lines well away from where I was on lines I had no intention of altering, usually on a line well above the location I want to alter. It also happens when I move the cursor by touching the screen and it lands in that midway line between 2 lines with similar result. It is like there is overlaying pages with the underlying page not visible until cursor lands in half space. Not sure if I am explaining this properly, hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing it. Hopefully there is a fix.

2) Is there a limit to how much information Notes can hold, and is there a maximum number of notes before the app glitches?

I have 172 notes currently.

A few hold each year's worth of work information including phone numbers and addresses where I have my workflow organized. After 7 or 8 months of information in one note, It would take forever to type a sentence in with a few second delay after keystrokes before the sentence actually wrote in the note. Last year I tested a work around and decided to cut the year's

information in that year's note into 2 halves due to the aforementioned efficiency issues. After cutting the work information in half, the delay went away. Annoying, but it worked.

Please advise.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:20 PM

There are no replies.

Notes app overlapping content navigation glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.