Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why a Question mark appears after start up

First try to give macos my bootable pendrive. Then give partition my Hard Drive but now when start up apoears a question mark. Note that: i just bring it few days ago without any macos. New appel id.how can i fix it?? Try to give LionMacos version 10.7

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 4:30 PM

Since you recently acquired the Mac without macOS installed, the question mark indicates it can't find a valid macOS installation. To fix this, reinstall macOS on your Mac, ensuring compatibility with your desired version like Lion macOS 10.7. Seek guidance from Apple Support or visit an Apple Store if needed for assistance with your specific situation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2024 4:30 PM in response to Matrix-09

Since you recently acquired the Mac without macOS installed, the question mark indicates it can't find a valid macOS installation. To fix this, reinstall macOS on your Mac, ensuring compatibility with your desired version like Lion macOS 10.7. Seek guidance from Apple Support or visit an Apple Store if needed for assistance with your specific situation.

Why a Question mark appears after start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.