Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacBook Pro 2015 15" - every app is high battery consuming

Dear community,

I just reset my MacBook Pro from 2015 and updated it with Montery 12.7.1, seems it has some battery draining problems because it just shows high battery consumption everytime I use every app. Also I have to mention that it become hot underneath.

here is EtreCheck report

thank for the help otherwise I have to send this to assistance.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 6:32 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 8:27 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

That computer is a battery-CAPABLE device. It is not optimized as a battery-operated device. (It is NOT an iPhone.)

Your computer performs best when connected to AC power. It can use the full output of the Power Adapter AND when doing especially challenging work will also freely "borrow" power from the battery. In some cases, even with the power adapter connected, the charged state may decline during stressful work.

When used only on battery, your computer has no extra cushion of power, and may perform more slowly. However, for ordinary non-stressful tasks this may not be objectionable (possibly not even noticeable.)

In general, you should ALWAYS connect AC power when it is possible to do so, and only run on batteries (which could be somewhat slower) when no AC sources are at hand. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge.

MacBook Pro 2015 15" - every app is high battery consuming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.