Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

2020 MacBook Pro has a really weird problem

As the title says, I have a really weird problem. I plugged my MacBook in after I found out the battery died. I wait a bit, and it gets to the lock screen stage, however, I cant choose my user, as a matter of fact, I cant even cancel or do anything. My touch bar is completely blank, I cant use the touchpad. Nothing, except my wallpaper and this white progress bar. Its been like this for a whole hour, getting up to two hours now. I would prefer not to loose any sort of data, considering the fact that I have school work and music I have made on there. I am running Big Sur if you are wondering. I don't know if there is any backups. If there is anything I can do that wont result in data loss, please tell me.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 8:57 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 9:30 AM in response to scerad

scerad wrote:

As the title says, I have a really weird problem. I plugged my MacBook in after I found out the battery died. I wait a bit, and it gets to the lock screen stage, however, I cant choose my user, as a matter of fact, I cant even cancel or do anything. My touch bar is completely blank, I cant use the touchpad. Nothing, except my wallpaper and this white progress bar. Its been like this for a whole hour, getting up to two hours now. I would prefer not to loose any sort of data, considering the fact that I have school work and music I have made on there. I am running Big Sur if you are wondering. I don't know if there is any backups. If there is anything I can do that wont result in data loss, please tell me.

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

2020 MacBook Pro has a really weird problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.