Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Side button doesn’t work can’t use Apple Pay

So I have found a method to be able to use Apple Pay but then after that I wasn’t able to. so then I checked again online and it says to go to the Wallet and Apple Pay and switch the side button off. I did it and I tried it again and it did it Turn off. The device still required me to double tap on my side button to pay. Even though I found a way to be able to use the phone without able to turn it off screen without this side button even able restart it along adding I can’t mute/unmute, volume up & down. Why was this option even MADE ?? If it won’t TURN OFF ?? I Need to pay somehow I'm hungry and waiting for my debit card to arrive at mail what’s the point having Apple Pay if not able even when giving the option to switch off the side buttton.

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 9:31 PM

1 reply

Side button doesn’t work can’t use Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.