Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

importing audiobook CD to music as playable audiobooks

Can't seem to import audiobook CDs to Music and then change them into playable Audiobook formats. This was a no-brainer in previous versions of Music and iTunes. Under "options" it is no longer available

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 9:17 AM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2024 2:34 PM in response to Urquhart1244

thanks --- now see this.

BUT --- -it seems that if I want to import new books, imported from CDs from public library (totally legal), I am being asked to sync, thus "remove" everything in books, music, podcasts, et al first. There does not seem to be a way to individually import a book without REMOVING everything first.

Everything on my iPhone in Music and all in Books is from older files that I may not have access to (I have a 2023 MBPro and the files are not there --- iPhone is "11 Pro"). AppleCare tech guy said that ONLY files that I specifically BOUGHT from Apple Store, not files copied from purchased discs (music or audio books) can be loaded onto my iPhone. Is this correct?

Seems like Apple is holding us hostage, esp since much of my library comes from many years of building. MP3 originally, but seems converted to M4a (cannot remember, but maybe when I got the iPhone?)

Why is this now so binary? Marketing?????? Call me a doubting-Thomas, but why would I trust a button that says "remove and synch" without any other option ????

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

importing audiobook CD to music as playable audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.