Cannot Save Sticky Notes (Not a Mac program) Because Save Function is Grayed Out

Hi all,

I downloaded a pin-up-note app called Sticky Notes from the app store that is supposedly compatible with Macbook, according to developer. The developer also indicates that a note will save as a plaintext file.

When I attempt to search for the note in the text edit app, Sticky Notes does not appear. When I attempt to save a note, the save area is grayed out. It seems a way to save Sticky Notes does not exist on Macbook Pro.

Does anyone know how to override this?

Ok, thanks.

Mac Pro (2019)

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:43 AM

6 replies

May 7, 2024 10:04 AM in response to MzDemeanor

Hi,

So, the app, called "Sticky Notes," is depicted on the top left of the screenshot I've included. The reason I don not use the Mac app is that employing a "strikeout" is very cumbersome and difficult.

As I mentioned to another poster, I don't just delete the completed task in the list but rather like to strikeout that task and save the document, so that I have a historical record of progress in task completion.

The included app seems, strangely, to be without the ability to do strikeouts, at least not easily, and I am unable to save the "sticky Notes" app I'm writing about here.

In any case, thank you for the response and the "Spotlight" suggestion.

May 5, 2024 7:41 AM in response to MzDemeanor

<<. When I attempt to search for the note in the text edit app. >>

Textedit can only search its own opened files. To search every file, use Spotlight.

When I tired to search for exactly "sticky notes" the Mac App Store would not stop suppling matches for that. I have no way of knowing what app you are talking about.

Regardless, I recommend you start using the built in Application, Stickies. It is much better understood, it's well supported, and its free.

May 7, 2024 9:41 AM in response to kaz-k

Hi,

That's a great question. The reason is it is strangely difficult to use "strikeout" on the Mac-included notes, called "Stickies."

I mean, what good is a list of to-dos if you cannot strike them out as you finish each task. Why don't I just erase the completed items, you might ask? Because I like to keep track of my progress of task completion and have a historical record to compare.

It seems Mac's stickies does not have this function, which I find really strange.

Thanks.

Cannot Save Sticky Notes (Not a Mac program) Because Save Function is Grayed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.