Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

To Disable the Apple Photo App Bottom Info Popup

Quite often when I am going through my photos, I want to see the bottom part of the photo, which is hidden by a ribbon. But when I scroll upwards, an "info-window" appears on the right side of the photo. I am aware that it can be removed by scrolling downwards, but when you have done that some hundred times without wanting to see it one single time you are quite fed up with this "help". (If I occasionally WANT to see the EXIF information, I am able to find it easily in another way.)

It wasn't like this before, I believe this function was introduced some time in 2021 - probably because somebody thought it was a good idea. I don't, and I am obviously not alone. I would very much appreciate a way to prevent this window from popping up, possibly as an option in Settings for the Photos app.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 3, 2024 9:44 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 10:26 AM in response to mpatwood

This is a better explanation than the earlier post. But I still don't quite get it. When I start to view an album on my phone, a picture might look like this:

with the scroll bar at the bottom and buttons at the top. It's true that, if I swipe up or hit the little "i" button I will get an info window. I don't usually do that, unless I want to know that this is a Banteng from Southeast Asia.

When I tap the picture, it changes to this:

showing the full picture. Then, when I swipe left, I see the next full picture. I don't see the scroll at the bottom unless I tap the picture, again.

How is this different for you?

To Disable the Apple Photo App Bottom Info Popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.