Impossible to import picture from iPhone to Mac

I can't import picture from my iPhone14 (iOS 17.4) to iPhoto on MacBook Air M1 with latest Sonoma.

It doesn't make sense as it always worked.

Seems the problem came with the latest software updates and similar issues were reported by the community.

For such common feature, I don't understand why there is no proper solution found or communicated by Apple.

Posted on May 3, 2024 11:33 AM

7 replies

May 9, 2024 10:34 PM in response to Error0001

I have never had trouble importing from iOS/iPadOS but below are some possible fixes that have been used:

- Put the phone in Airplane mode before plugging in the USB cable (maybe also turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot).

- Move ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imagecapture.plist to the Desktop, (just in case you need it later) reboot, and try again.

- Remove all 3rd party virus apps (Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Intego, MacAfee, Norton, ESET NOD32, Trusteer etc) and 3rd party "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" apps (CleanMyMac, MacKeeper etc). They produce only obscure errors and money loss.

- Reset iPhone's Network settings.

Change your settings for trusted computers. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Clean the lightning/USB-C port from pocket lint.

Connect to the Mac's USB-A inputs, not Thunderbolt USB-C inputs.

Turn off iCloud Photos in iPhone settings.

Use AirDrop instead USB.

Impossible to import picture from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.