Mac OS Monterey 1 Monitor or 2 all the time if you cut one off Keyboard and mouse stall only fix restart or turn other monitor back Help with this glitch

• This is a clean install late 2014 3.0 i7 Mac mini 16 g ram 1 TB ssd (1) hdmi (1) Native Mini DisplayPort output

wired macally mouse and keyboard

Mac mini, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 4, 2024 9:40 AM

5 replies

May 9, 2024 11:42 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for responding [Cutting off Monitor] = Power down monitor physically turning off the monitor

i have also found another glitch in this scenario. I have a hot corner set up to Activate Screen saver if

i have either one or two monitors powered on, and activate the above describe hot corner the mouse stop working completely, you have to shut down computer then restart. if you let screen saver activate by itself and let the computer got to sleep everything is OK. i would also like to state that the problem was a lot more random with file sharing turned on , since turning off file sharing. the 2 above problems are consistent

///////////////////

set

one monitor or two monitor

two monitors

one monitor or two monitor

one monitor

IF power off unused monitor

% ERROR restart computer mouse and keyboard not responding { jerky, shudder, stall}

ELSE leave both monitors powered on

ELSEIF One Monitor

restart computer \ power off unused monitor before Start Up Complete.

Return

Screen Saver

if set program time

activate screen saver

go to wake up

wake up activated keyboard or mouse

return

Screen Saver

if activate hot corner

activate screen saver

go to wake up

wake activated on keyboard only

% ERROR { mouse Stall at hot corner restart computer}

Return

Not a programmer , trying to perform a logic diagram as it were i hope this helps

So as you can see the same issues with mouse and keyboard on Monterey-OS as others but not on Sierra-OS

Possible a doubling of a line code of some kind ? Not a Programmer. So I'll leave this up to you my friend

The temporary workaround is "F Key Shortcut" Mission Control

Thanks again

I hope this helps, Please feel free to ask of me freely.

James

Mac OS Monterey 1 Monitor or 2 all the time if you cut one off Keyboard and mouse stall only fix restart or turn other monitor back Help with this glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.