Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

What can I do to be refunded of Hidden charges?

• I noticed a continuous and repetitive charge on the App which changed from free to paid , without any notification. And moreover, I did not realized that each time I used that, I was charged.
  • It has been this way for a year, it is not only one time
  • The have charged me more that 50 times, sometimes , 3 times the same week
  • I feel very disappointed about this treatment. I am just a teacher, and cannot afford to lose more than 500 dollars
  • Please, I need a solution. I have been a very faithful customer. Recently, for almost that same amount, I had to buy a new phone, because the previous was stolen
  • can you please, do something for me?

• I just noticed this charges on my new phone, if not, I had never find out

Apple personnel answer: Thank you for your patience. I have checked the refunds that were denied and Apple denied the refund request after reviewing your account information according to policy. Apple reviews factors related to the request, including account and payment details. I'd recommend reaching out to your payment issuer to see if they have any further options. I apologize about the inconvenience!

• Do you understand that this is not an inconvenience, it is a scam. Apple cannot treat this way their customers. For the company, this money is nothing, but for me it is a lot .But, over all, I feel scammed, foolish
  • Apple personnel answer: I understand your concern and I apologize for the inconvenience. I am not able to change the decision that was made. The app developers control the terms their app is set at and I'm happy to file a complaint about how this has affected you.
  • Where can I report this conduct, because there will be a lot of people like me, unaware of this charges, until is too late and nobody want to help me.
  • Yes, please. I want to file a complain
  • Apple personnel answer: I can submit the complaint for you. I'll be happy to do that. May I have your email address?
  • Apple personnel answer: I'll also need a few details about what happened. Is there anything else that you'd like to include?
  • A serious company that cannot treat this way their customers.
  • Please, let them know that they have to be more clear with their customers and not deceive them, mostly if we are not tech savvy: And, I think that is the key: taking advantage of our ignorance
  • Apple stole from me more than 500 dollars

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 4, 2024 10:08 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2024 10:43 AM in response to ceebr

Hello Ceebr,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. One thing to keep in mind here is the App Store is full of third party apps, very few are actual Apple apps. These third party apps handle their own charges. If Apple approves a refund they will only go back 90 days. You may want to reach out to the maker of that app for a refund.

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

May 4, 2024 10:34 AM in response to ceebr

Hi, this sounds like a bit of unfortunate circumstances. Apple Support Community, where you just posted your comments, is a public discussion forum for fellow Apple users to connect and assist each pother. Apple Support is not here and will not see your comments and be aware of your concerns, that you shared. Your fellow users will only be offer suggestions for not letting this happens again.

If you have questions for a fellow Apple user, I’m happy to try to assist, but your circumstances you’re shared is not something I can assist with. Sorry.

What can I do to be refunded of Hidden charges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.