Pages documents will no longer convert to PDF

Recently on my MacBook AIr My pages docs will no longer Export/convert to PDFs. I have been using this feature for a long time but now even though it gives me the option, the PDF is nowhere to be seen. It does not appear to be exporting it to a PDF anymore and I Can't figure out why or how to fix it. Please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on May 6, 2024 3:59 PM

2 replies

May 7, 2024 12:59 AM in response to aromaSTAR

Re: "Pages documents will no longer convert to PDF"

Wondering which MacBook Air model (year) you use:

Eg: How to: Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

and

which Mac OS version is installed: If you are still using MacOS 11.1 you may want to update it

Eg: What's new in the updates for macOS Big Sur - Apple Support says: macOS Big Sur 11.7.10

You can check the App Store > Updates to see if there is a Pages update waiting to be installed.

Re: "even though it gives me the option, the PDF is nowhere to be seen".

Seems you may be actually creating the PDF's ok, yet they may be saved / stored where you don't see them ? You could try a search on your Mac for the file by it's file-name if you know it.

or you can: Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

Else:

If you are exporting and saving PDF's:

On your Mac: You could try entering .PDF in the search bar in a Finder window to see all the PDF files on your Mac. See if you can spot the missing one. If you highlight the file by clicking on it, it's location will show in the status bar at the bottom of the Finder window.

Pages documents will no longer convert to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.