Can someone check if this major screen time bug is present on Sonoma?

There's s this screen time bug on Monterey (maybe on all OS versions) where you can "look through" the blocking if you have fullscreen mode on a Chromium-based browser (Edge, Chrome, Opera, Brave, etc), so you can keep watching youtube or netflix, or even scroll on social media sites for as long as you wish when the time has run out (even with a code set up). It's not there on Safari, but I have to use another browser because I need chrome extensions.

Both me and my parents have too old Mac devices to update beyond Monterey, and I'm thinking of getting a new mac mini. So I need someone to check out if this one screen time limit breaking bug is still there in the most recent OS version.

It's fast and simple: Set up a 1 minute screen time limit for a (chromium based) browser you have like chrome, edge or brave and make sure to have it in full screen mode before the time runs out and then click the app icon in the Dock bar and see if you can "look through" the blocking? (might have to click twice or thrice). I get my dad to set up a code for me so I can't ignore the blocking, but I don't think it's necessary to set up a code to check for this bug.

Posted on May 7, 2024 5:05 AM

1 reply

Can someone check if this major screen time bug is present on Sonoma?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.