MacOS Monterey won't mount any disk images or external drives.

Having an issue with Monterey since my internal SDD failed and I installed it on an external SSD.

Previous OS versions all work fine. Issue only appears when I update to Monterey.

When I update to Monterey, no disk images or DMG files will mount, my SD card will not mount and no USB drives will mount.

All the USB drives and SD cards are fully working, they all show in system report as being detected even with a 'disk' number assigned to them, they do not show up at all in disk utility.

I can mount Disk images via terminal and this works fine, I however cannot do this for the external drives.

My bluetooth also doesn't work for about ten minutes after startup, I have reinstalled Monterey and have the same exact issue, no issue on previous versions of the OS.

Searching I can see people with similar types of issues but no solutions that I can find. I did not have this issue before I had to run via an external SSD, but everything else is working perfectly (Using it now).

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on May 7, 2024 3:43 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 10:30 AM in response to ChildOfChaos

Hmmm,

Have you run Disk Utility's Disk First Aid on all connected drives?

In Disk Utility>View, select Show all Devices, highlight the top left entry.

Run Disk First Aid on all items in the left panel, from top down.

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

MacOS Monterey won't mount any disk images or external drives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.