want to find a photo scanner that works with my imac os 10.13.6

I am way past upgrading my OS

I have a boat load of old pic's I want to load into my mac

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 8, 2024 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 3:34 PM

The Epson Perfection V660 is an excellent photo scanner and it has drivers for High Sierra (10.13.x) that you can download from epson.com. If you prefer the used market, its predecessors the V500 and V550 are nearly identical and are also excellent photo scanners.

I would not recommend the inexpensive Epson V19 & V39 or the more expensive Epson FastFoto FF-680W for photo scanning because they use CIS image sensors; although faster, there is a tradeoff in lower resolution and reduced color space compared to CCD scanners like the V500/550/600.

And like @Ronasara, I can highly recommend Vuescan for all types of scanning. I have used it for many years with numerous Macs & scanners and it works great.

Note: These recommendations are based on my own personal use of the items; I do not receive any compensation for suggesting them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2024 3:34 PM in response to 2girlsforme

The Epson Perfection V660 is an excellent photo scanner and it has drivers for High Sierra (10.13.x) that you can download from epson.com. If you prefer the used market, its predecessors the V500 and V550 are nearly identical and are also excellent photo scanners.

I would not recommend the inexpensive Epson V19 & V39 or the more expensive Epson FastFoto FF-680W for photo scanning because they use CIS image sensors; although faster, there is a tradeoff in lower resolution and reduced color space compared to CCD scanners like the V500/550/600.

And like @Ronasara, I can highly recommend Vuescan for all types of scanning. I have used it for many years with numerous Macs & scanners and it works great.

Note: These recommendations are based on my own personal use of the items; I do not receive any compensation for suggesting them.

May 8, 2024 9:57 AM in response to 2girlsforme

Research a scanner which offers scanning software that will work with your installed Mac operating system. Ot her wise it most likely will work with VueScan which is a full featured scanning software. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

want to find a photo scanner that works with my imac os 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.