macOS Sonoma to be installed on my mac laptop

I wanted to work on macbook microsoft word, but I got a notification I must do the updates to it for security and etc. I know it's just security and could still work to save it to icloud and in general get it off of my windows computer since that has icloud? Could my computer be updated anyway to do that or is too old?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 8, 2024 12:28 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2024 1:20 PM in response to tupperwareman

What model year is it? The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A late 2013 and mid 2014 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. 

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12 but no later. 

A 2017 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. 

For all of the above, see instructions in: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A 2018 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Sonoma macOS 14. See: How to upgrade to macOS Sonoma - Apple Support

Also see the following regarding Microsoft Office system requirements: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/upgrade-macos-to-continue-receiving-microsoft-365-and-office-for-mac-updates-16b8414f-08ec-4b24-8c91-10a918f649f8

macOS Sonoma to be installed on my mac laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.