Screen Time on iPhone showing just "As this device is used, screen time will be reported here."

As parent/guardian I have set extra apple ID for my child under 13 account. I do see it in Settings > Family > his account. And there are settings for screen time and display field where I expected some usage data being shown. Or under Settings > Family > Child's ID > Screen Time .. or there under "See All App & Website Activity".

However neither of these 3 locations show any data. That only shows text "As this device is used, screen time will be reported here".

Thought it might take some time like 24 hours+ to collect anything useful. But it's a week+ and the situation is still the same. Plus it seems that screen time limits are not enforced on child's device as I set them from my device for his one device/account.

Note that child's device has no same iOS version as it's older iPhone8 which cannot get upgraded further.

I just used one of my old ones and re-provisioned it with separate account for a kid. Not truly willing to throw in $1k for a brand new as his first smartphone to break/loose.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 8, 2024 11:28 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2024 10:59 AM in response to xSilver

If I'd paraphraze famous Apple sentence, then unfortunately I have to say ..

It simply _doesn't_ work.

On my iPhone it started to show on all 3 possible places in Settings under Family > child account > that "Daily Average" is 0 minutes.

However it also shows, for example on Screen Time menu under child's account, that :Updated 10.5.2024 at 9:33".

But today is 2024-05-21 19:50 -> update frequency is pretty low. Regardless both devices are frequently within meters away, on the same home WiFi and same SSID (intra SSID traffic is not blocked by FW/WLC).

Whole screen time stats/graph feature seems to be seriously broken. I'd call it a bug/buggy.

Promised and featured overview and so control is simply impossible without knowledge what's going on that device. And so also trust that it does measure and enforce screen time limits as those are set. As there is no proof it does what it promised to do.

Screen Time on iPhone showing just "As this device is used, screen time will be reported here."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.