Purchased a used iMac 21.5" (late 2013) with no OS

As I said in the title, I purchased a used iMac 21.5" (late 2013) from an auction. It came with no OS, which I was aware of. It also came without a keyboard or mouse and I was really hoping to use my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse... I can't enter the internet recovery menu because I don't have a wired keyboard and I cannot find anywhere that has a DMG file of MacOS Catalina to make a bootable USB. Can someone help with a link or alternative method that doesn't include purchasing a wired keyboard?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 9, 2024 2:01 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2024 3:14 PM in response to Mailman470

Does your Bluetooth keyboard have rechargeable batteries? If it does you can connected it with its charging cable and it will act as a wired keyboard?

That model of iMac can run Catalina 10.15, which will require all apps to be 64 bit. If you can't get into the Recovery volume your best bet would be to use a bootable installer to install the system. This Apple document describes how to create a bootable installer: Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support (IN). You will need a working Mac to create the installer.

Purchased a used iMac 21.5" (late 2013) with no OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.