Where can I find the failed purchases App Store ?

I’m trying to update my Telstra App.. it tells me there is a problem with a previous purchase… I have 2 debit cards added and it still won’t let me continue..

where can I find this previous purchase that failed..? Or at least a list of payments that have failed..

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on May 10, 2024 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2024 3:16 PM

Chelleyj wrote:

.. it tells me there is a problem with a previous purchase…

Review this article for help >> If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

Chelleyj wrote:

where can I find this previous purchase that failed..? Or at least a list of payments that have failed..

You can see your purchase history >>

In iOS 17.4 or later, do the following:

1. Open the App Store app  on your iPhone.
  2. Tap  or your picture at the top right, then tap Purchase History.
  3. You may be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
  4. To narrow the results, enter the name, price, or order ID in the search field.
  5. To change the search criteria, tap “Last 90 Days, Paid,” then set any of the following:
    • Date range
    • Cost (free or paid)
    • Type
    • Family member (if you’re the organizer of a Family Sharing group)

From >> Manage App Store purchases, settings, and restrictions on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2024 3:16 PM in response to Chelleyj

Chelleyj wrote:

.. it tells me there is a problem with a previous purchase…

Review this article for help >> If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

Chelleyj wrote:

You can see your purchase history >>

In iOS 17.4 or later, do the following:

1. Open the App Store app  on your iPhone.
  2. Tap  or your picture at the top right, then tap Purchase History.
  3. You may be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
  4. To narrow the results, enter the name, price, or order ID in the search field.
  5. To change the search criteria, tap “Last 90 Days, Paid,” then set any of the following:
    • Date range
    • Cost (free or paid)
    • Type
    • Family member (if you’re the organizer of a Family Sharing group)

From >> Manage App Store purchases, settings, and restrictions on iPhone - Apple Support

May 17, 2024 3:27 PM in response to Chelleyj

Hello~ Click on below…

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support*

*Change your payment method

You have an unpaid balance because Apple was unable to charge your payment method for a previous purchase. Add a new, valid payment method, then remove the old payment method. The new payment method is charged automatically. When the outstanding balance has been paid, you can make new purchases or use subscriptions again.

Change your payment method<<<click here.

*If you still need help

If you are still unable to resolve your unpaid balance, contact Apple Support.<<<click here.

Post back if needed and contacting Apple may be your best path forward.

~Katana-San~

Where can I find the failed purchases App Store ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.