Apple Watch 6 Speakers Stopped Working

I have gone through all recommended settings and volume adjustments without hearing anything through my watch speakers. I do get a haptic response. Any sage advice?

Posted on May 10, 2024 7:26 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2024 2:40 AM in response to WatchSpeakers

Open Control Center and check you have not accidentally enabled any of Silent, Theater modes. Check in both the Watch and in the Watch App on your iPhone, just in case you see something different.

Do you get a chime sound when you put the watch on its charger? (If not, I found this can be muted by setting Silent or low volume in the Sound and Haptics section of the Watch App on iPhone.)

Try speaking to Siri on your Apple Watch and ask a simple question (like what time is it?) which needs a spoken reply.

If that still doesn't work, try a Forced Reset. Press and hold the Side Button and Digital Crown (together, about 10 seconds) until the white Apple logo appears. Then release the buttons and let the watch reboot.

If it still doesn't work it might be worth trying to unpair the watch then re-pair to your iPhone. It's a bit tedious but the unpairing makes an automatic backup so you won't lose any data. This is about as close as it gets to a Factory Reset so if that doesn't work it is probably a hardware failure.

Apple Watch 6 Speakers Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.