How can I get my iPod 2nd generation out of recovery mode without losing all of it’s

My iPod has been dead for 6 weeks while I was out of the country, but when I plugged it in to charge, I get the iTunes icon and the lightening charger image on the homescreen. I tried a forced restart which didn’t work. I don’t have a way to plug the wide iPod charger with the usb into my MacBook with only ubc plug-in. Is there any way to bypass the recovery without losing everything on it???

iPod touch

Posted on May 10, 2024 11:15 PM

1 reply

May 11, 2024 12:20 PM in response to Grateful33

Grateful33 wrote:

My iPod has been dead for 6 weeks while I was out of the country, but when I plugged it in to charge, I get the iTunes icon and the lightening charger image on the homescreen. I tried a forced restart which didn’t work. I don’t have a way to plug the wide iPod charger with the usb into my MacBook with only ubc plug-in. Is there any way to bypass the recovery without losing everything on it???

No.

How can I get my iPod 2nd generation out of recovery mode without losing all of it’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.