Help please. Lag problem in editing overdubbing a recording made with Logic Pro X and Scarlett I818 and 2i2

I have a problem with Logic Pro X. I did a multitrack recording with my band (Focusrite 18I8). The recording is good so I bring it home and edit it. If I try to overdub a track (guitar for example), while I record the guitar everything is fine but when I play it back it has a very sensible lag .. I did not change the basic parameters of buffer. I record many things at home and never experienced this problem. What could it be ?

Mac mini, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 11, 2024 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2024 3:05 AM

Hi, solved. For some strange reason I found that the "recording delay" slider in the "General/Audio/devices" menu had been moved and instead of being "0" was all on the left (out of center) and therefore the recording was not on sync !

Thank you anyway.

2 replies

May 11, 2024 12:38 PM in response to HuskerDü

1. Enable Low Latency Mode while recording. This disables some plugins, so the sound might change, but helps with latency. Switch off Low Latency Mode again while playback.
  2. If you still perceive latency, then reduce the I/O Buffer size in Logic pro > Settings (Preferences) > Audio > Devices > I/O buffer size. This comes at the expense of CPU load and can generate audio glitches. You need to find the right setting for each project.

Help please. Lag problem in editing overdubbing a recording made with Logic Pro X and Scarlett I818 and 2i2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.