Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

apple watch 9 shows erratic heart rate for the first few minutes of a run

When I go to the workout app on my Apple Watch 9 and select outdoor run, the first few minutes of my run shows an unusually high heart rate of 210bpm. After a few minutes my heart rate suddenly shows as being normal. This is not a slow decline in my heart rate , it falls immediately by nearly 100bpm. I tighten the watch strap when I run so it is snug on my wrist but what is strange is that the maximum heart rate shown is always 210bpm before it sorts itself out. Has anyone else had this issue?

Apple Watch Series 9, watchOS 10

Posted on May 12, 2024 3:38 AM

1 reply

May 12, 2024 5:14 PM in response to SteveBTHFC

The problem you have observed is typical for an Apple Watch which is a poor fit on the wrist, usually excessive movement between the watch and the arm causing a noisy sensor signal because the watch band is too loose. I suggest check the fit of the watch again, and maybe try a different tightness - although it seems strange that it settles down after a few minutes.

apple watch 9 shows erratic heart rate for the first few minutes of a run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.