How do you control where the snapping center of a page is located

I am using page layout in Apple Pages. Because this is a book, margins are larger on one side of the page than the other (to allow for binding). Therefore the center of the text window is not the center of the physical page. Pages snaps to the physical page center, not to the center between my guides. How can I control this?

Mac Studio

Posted on May 12, 2024 11:08 AM

3 replies

May 12, 2024 12:18 PM in response to Diane T

Pages does not provide snapping adjustments, so you are at the mercy of a free application design and the declared page size.

You can send feedback directly to the Pages product team from the Pages application menu. They won't see your post here.

In MS Word v16.84, when I customize default margins to 1-in L and .5-in R, Word will deposit a table centered on those margins. An inserted text box defies this and defaults to left-aligned on the new L margin. One can center align the text box in the user-defined margins with the Ribbon bar Layout > Position tool and then choose the icon visual for that alignment. Fun stuff.

How do you control where the snapping center of a page is located

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.