Video filmed on MacBook Air using Photo Booth not getting saved.

I filmed a video on my MacBook Air on the photo booth and when I ended the video, I looked to the bottom and the video didn’t save. This is the second time it’s happened but I would click the video button to end. So why is it not saving?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 13, 2024 12:19 PM

2 replies

May 20, 2024 12:31 AM in response to calfleen7

calfleen7 Said:

"Video filmed on MacBook Air using Photo Booth not getting saved.: I filmed a video on my MacBook Air on the photo booth and when I ended the video, I looked to the bottom and the video didn’t save. This is the second time it’s happened but I would click the video button to end. So why is it not saving?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting Files Not Being Saved:

A. Provide the Scenarios:

When does this occur? Is it intermittent? What is the app?

B. Try a Restart:

Start with a restart, and see if is then fixed.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

As for this being an app-only related error, it may be a corrupt app. If such is the case, you'd hack to backup your Mac to an external hard drive, and then reinstall the macOS.

May 20, 2024 12:17 AM in response to calfleen7

It can be any one of the following reasons:

1. Not pressing the Stop button to finish and save the shooting.

After pressing the Video button, Photo Booth will count backwards from 3 to 1 and starts the video shooting, and you need to press the red Stop button to save a Photo Booth video before closing the app.

2. There isn’t enough space on your Mac.

If your Mac runs out of space, the Photo Booth video may not be saved.

3. There is a bug in current Photo Booth version.

Then you are recommended to update to the latest macOS version.

Video filmed on MacBook Air using Photo Booth not getting saved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.