Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Logic Pro 11 will not open in Rosetta

Just updates to Logic Pro 11 & now cant launch in Rosetta. Is anyone having the same issue & has anyone found a solution? Unfortunately did not make a back up of 10.5.

Mac mini, macOS 14.3

Posted on May 14, 2024 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 2:12 PM

I will add this: if it looks like Logic is not opening in Rosetta, keep the faith! Don't force-quit it or try to relaunch. Just walk away for about 5 to 6 minutes, grab a coffee, and when you come back you may be surprised that it did in fact open. It may not look like it (even the dotted icon in the Dock will disappear for a while), but—at least for me—it eventually opens.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2024 2:12 PM in response to tong833

I will add this: if it looks like Logic is not opening in Rosetta, keep the faith! Don't force-quit it or try to relaunch. Just walk away for about 5 to 6 minutes, grab a coffee, and when you come back you may be surprised that it did in fact open. It may not look like it (even the dotted icon in the Dock will disappear for a while), but—at least for me—it eventually opens.

May 16, 2024 2:32 AM in response to lukehallam

Hello, Logic friends!

Thanks to this thread I have solved my problem: I have a Mac mini M1 and since I updated to Logic Pro 11 I could NOT open the app, and if it opened it opened without the news, I have done everything, some crazy problems, until I have read you about the rosette, I have removed the rosette and everything has opened well, it is incredible. I have a Mac Mini 2 where the rosette is removed and there everything was updated well the first time, brutal. Removing the rosette is a problem and a mistake, really, for those who have M1 at least.

Thank you very much for giving me the clue.

Regards.

In Spanish:

Hola, amigos Logic!

Gracias a este hilo he resuelto mi problema: tengo un Mac mini M1 y desde que actualicé a Logic Pro 11 NO podía abrir la app, y si se abría se abría sin las novedades, he hecho de todo, unos líos demenciales, hasta que os he leído lo de roseta, he quitado roseta y se ha abierto todo bien, es increíble. Tengo un Mac Mini 2 donde roseta está quitada y ahí se actualizó todo bien a la primera, brutal. Quitar roseta, es un problema y un error, de verdad, a los que tengan M1 al menos.

Gracias de verdad por darme la pista.

Un saludo.

Jun 1, 2024 11:16 AM in response to BenB

People have been saying that Apple would kill off Rosetta for years now. Insisted Rosetta 2 would be gone in many regions as of macOS 11.3.

Logic 11 has a ridiculous startup time now, but Rosetta is still kicking along, and in my case, needed. Hopefully an 11.1 update will help.

Apple needs to figure out some way under Silicon to provide random access to audio region data if not continuing to support Celemony ARA. Same with Propellerhead ReWire for cross-DAW operations. Both are very powerful integration features that I'm sad to see getting sidelined on Mac.

Jun 2, 2024 2:17 PM in response to kerochan

Logic does not need Rosetta to operate. Rosetta is a way for some 3rd party plug-ins/instruments to keep functioning until they convert to being able to run natively on Mac Silicone. Apple should not have to perpetually make their software compatible with plug-ins that haven't updated their software to run on Silicone Macs. Turn off Rosetta and update your 3rd party instruments and plug-ins. It should run much better that way,

Jun 3, 2024 2:05 PM in response to lukehallam

This has been a major frustration for me on both my iMac M1 and MacBook Air M2. It's an issue that both Apple and ARA plugin software companies know about it. I thought it was a caused by running Melodyne ARA plugin. So I removed all trace of Melodyne ARA but it still loaded really slowly or not at all and so the issue is in Logic 11. If you go to applications on finder and right click Logic Pro then Get Info and unclick the rosetta box it loads with no problem. But this doesn't help much if you need to run any plugin using ARA but it saves the hassle of wondering if it will ever load.

Logic Pro 11 will not open in Rosetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.