Save Current Frame in FCPX

I need to capture the first frame of an edited video in FCPX. There are over 300 cuts so I need to automate. Easy enough to go to the next cut and use cmd-E for Save Current Frame. But when I do a second one, it gives it the same name and asks if I want to replace the previous one.

Anyone know of an app or piece of code that can automate this? I have many projects I need this for. CATdv Pro used to do this, but it has become very expensive.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:06 PM

4 replies

May 16, 2024 1:23 AM in response to triglyph

You say you need to export the first frame -but then you speak of 300 cuts.

Do you want the first frame after each cut? Is that it?

Is this just a series of clips in the primary storyline? If there are connected clips, and transitions, it would make it harder to automate - starting with defining just exactly which frames are to be exported.

Please clarify exactly what you are trying to do.

Depending on the complexity of the timeline, this could be easier or harder to automate.

I vaguely remember making a script a few years ago for something similar. If you elaborate and we can make something like that work, I will be glad to try and help.

Save Current Frame in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.