Can't edit new chord track.

Trying to use the new Logic Pro 11 and the chord track editing is simply not working. I added a new session player track (for keyboard) and I got a default chord track. So I try double clicking on a chord and it picks not the one I clicked on, but the one following. Nothing I can click on lets me pick the chord I want to change.

So, I move the cursor to right before the chord I want to change, then press the + button on the chord track. The editor comes up and I change to the chord I want. But the chord track shows NO CHANGE!

Can't seem to edit the chord track at all!

Am I missing something, or is this a bug in the new Logic?

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using an old project.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 16, 2024 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2024 11:33 AM

Yes, exactly the same here. Silly irritating bug, that should be fixed asap.

Giving me headaches and not wanting to use the chord track, which sounded so very promising :-)

Plus please let Chord track recognise the chords of a Virtual instrument track already played and copy that progression into the Chord track!!!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2024 11:33 AM in response to Mark Stockwell

Yes, exactly the same here. Silly irritating bug, that should be fixed asap.

Giving me headaches and not wanting to use the chord track, which sounded so very promising :-)

Plus please let Chord track recognise the chords of a Virtual instrument track already played and copy that progression into the Chord track!!!!

May 17, 2024 12:01 PM in response to Mark Stockwell

Well, some more experimentation.

I tried a brand new project, and while it is fussy and not particularly intuitive, I was able to get a chord progression I wanted.

Went back to the original project I had started before Logic Pro 11 and I cannot reliably build and edit a chord track.

Frustrating and buggy (as near as I can tell).

May 26, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Mark Stockwell

There seems to be a bug in 11.0 where if the project starts before bar 1 (i.e. the project start marker has been dragged to the left), then editing chords in the chord track is very broken, especially editing the first chord. If this is the case for you, a work around is to drag the project start marker so that it aligns with bar 1. At that point editing the chords works as expected.

Can't edit new chord track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.