My Apple Pencil will not charge when connected to my iPad Pro (M4)

I got a brand new Apple Pencil pro and when I paired it with the iPad Pro (M4) it started charging but then stopped for a while at 67%. Then suddenly the percentage started climbing and it finally charged fully. However, I just used it again and instead of started to charge when connected, it looks like it is charging, but it is again stuck at 85% looking like it is charging but the percentage does not change.

Does anyone face the same issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Pencil Pro

Posted on May 17, 2024 1:02 PM

4 replies

May 17, 2024 1:13 PM in response to KaeBFly

Now it fully charged so maybe it was trickle charging? I will check the next days and then visit an Apple Store to check it. I thought maybe it would be a connectivity issue since both devices are new and they could fix it with an update if it is a common issue.

It is my first iPad-apple pencil combo and I am not sure how soon it should start charging and updating the battery percentage.

Thank you for replying 😊

May 17, 2024 1:20 PM in response to athanasia96

It would charge as soon as you connected it until it hits 100% (that has always been my experience). I haven’t had this issue happen with my new M4 iPad Pro and Pencil Pro (works exactly the way it did with my previous Pro and Pencil 2nd gen). Do you have your iPad battery settings with 8% limit on or low power mode turned on? Curious if that may play a part (it may not)

My Apple Pencil will not charge when connected to my iPad Pro (M4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.