beats fit pro and other earbuds break repeatedly even after multiple replacements

I got a pair of beats fit pro about 9 months ago. Soon after I bought them, I had a problem where one ear was really quiet all the time. So I called apple and had the buds sent in for free repair because they were still under warranty. But a few weeks later I had a similar problem. So I sent the buds in again and they were repaired, again. In all, this happened at least 6 separate times (I lost count at some point). The first few times they just repaired the buds, so I thought that they were just broken and kept breaking. But, 2 or 3 of the times I sent in the buds, Apple fully replaced them and they still broke soon after. When this happened again most recently apple said that they couldn’t replace them because the warranty was expired. Luckily I contacted the company I originally bought the buds from. They kindly sent a replacement with a new warranty. And these lasted about 2 months before the right ear bud became practically muted. You had to max it out to even hear it. I called apple and asked if there was anything else I could try because this kept happening but they said that all I could do was send it in again. But I really am hesitant to do that again because I can almost guarantee that this will happen again. I’m really careful with my earbuds so I don’t know what the problem could be. But as I was waiting for my beats back I borrowed a pair of apple lightning earbuds and after using them for about and hour the right earbud went to about 20% volume. I tested them on another device and it had the same problem but the owner of the buds never had any problem with them until I borrowed them. If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong I would really appreciate it.

Posted on May 17, 2024 1:43 PM

There are no replies.

beats fit pro and other earbuds break repeatedly even after multiple replacements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.