How can I add same title to multiple photos (preferably with a distinctive number at end as in iPhoto)

I photograph dragonflies and often take a series of the same individual from different angles, etc. In iPhoto I could select all of them and add the same title, and a sequential number would be added at the end of each. This was a wonderful feature that saved me untold hours. I haven't figured out how to do it in Photos.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on May 17, 2024 3:41 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2024 2:08 PM in response to Marion Dobbs

There are scripts that do what you want, butI use Photos Workbench ($30) to edit titles. You can do things like this:

So I have year month day - counter - description for my titles. Then I can sort albums by titles. Obviously I can then have it sorted by the dates I choose rather than by the actual creation date-- good for scans.

It has many options. For example, here's a partial list of things that can be put into a title.

You can also do search and replace for titles-- especially good for correcting mistakes!

May 19, 2024 10:51 AM in response to markwmsn

The group edit is standard. I just wasn't thinking. I can select as many photos as I want and give them all the same title. What I was (and still am) wanting is to have sequential numbers automatically added to each title. I don't have much hope that that can be done, but if it can, I'd appreciate instructions. iPhoto had some very nice features that do not appear in PHOTOS, although Apple has added some of them over time.

How can I add same title to multiple photos (preferably with a distinctive number at end as in iPhoto)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.