On my iPad Pro, in Pages, when applying Replace or Replace All to something that’s been found, a new line is added to what’s being replaced.

ipad pro, 17.5, Pages

When applying Replace or Replace All to something that’s been found, a new line is added to what’s being replaced. I can guarantee there is no new line in my replace box. This renders replace functions useless.

Thank you

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro

Posted on May 18, 2024 10:53 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2024 12:13 PM in response to VikingOSX

Tap the magnifying glass icon. Enter ‘x’ in Find area and ‘y’ in (cleared) Replace area. I don’t have to do anything for the first find — the first X is highlighted, but this works exactly the same way whether it’s the first target found or the twentieth or the first through the twentieth. I can click either Replace or long press and click Replace All. Y has replaced the X.

however there is a line break after the Y now (after every ) where they had not been a line break before.

This is so consistent that if you try it, rather than asking me more questions, you will either be able to reproduce it or not.

thank you

On my iPad Pro, in Pages, when applying Replace or Replace All to something that’s been found, a new line is added to what’s being replaced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.