MAC MINI WINDOWS to use with one monitor

How do I use Mac Mini and Windows 11 PC with one monitor? Do I need to run any software or add any hardware?

Posted on May 19, 2024 11:48 PM

7 replies

May 20, 2024 12:09 AM in response to Kaeley16

Kaeley16 Said:

"MAC MINI WINDOWS to use with one monitor: How do I use Mac Mini and Windows 11 PC with one monitor? Do I need to run any software or add any hardware?"

-------

Splitting the Monitor's Screen Between Mac and PC:

Use a Smart TV:

As for using a smart TV, you might be able to split the screen, given it is a greater of that device.

May 20, 2024 12:45 AM in response to Kaeley16

Kaeley16 Said:

"MAC MINI WINDOWS to use with one monitor:Its not smart TV but a monitor."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Simultaneously Using Two Computer for One Monitor:

Use a Virtual Machine:

A monitor is of one input only at a time. If it has multiple post, then you'd have to select which for the source. The only way around this would be to use a Virtual Machine of Windows on your Mac. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VMVirtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMWare SupportUse Parallels for a Mac with a Siliconprocessor.

May 20, 2024 4:48 AM in response to Kaeley16

Many monitors have multiple inputs.

You can connect two computers to different inputs, and use controls on the monitor to select which computer's output to display (one screen at a time).

A few monitors might have "Picture in Picture" features, like a TV, and on those you could make a small window containing one computer's screen float over the top of the other computer's output. That would be something which you would control with menu controls on the monitor itself. If your monitor has that feature, instructions would be found in the monitor user manual (possibly posted online at the manufacturer's Web site).

MAC MINI WINDOWS to use with one monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.