Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iOS 7 Ipad Safari, when tapping the a text input on my site, the keyboard opens then freezes the OS for about 2-5 seconds then finally scrolls to the input. After this happens once, it never happens again until you refresh the page

Notes:

- This does not happen in any other mobile browser or any previous iOS Safari. It happens both on the ios 7 ipad.

- i Have 150 inputs (my page size is over 400kb)

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 9:46 PM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2014 11:49 AM in response to Ricardo.Rincon

I am having this issue as well. It is very frustrating for us and the users. Has anyone found a proper cause or reason ?

What I have found, is it you do a simple .focus() on the first text input on the page, it doesn't appear to have the same issue. Which is quite strange indeed! Seems to me the issue is somewhere between the touch and the input, but if an input is focused it is fine.

Strange.

May 8, 2014 5:36 PM in response to Jbirdsmama

I am still running into this issue, here is a stackoverflow post that you might find useful. Apple is disgracing themselves with our member base heavily by being so mum and unwilling to help resolve it. We've debugged it down the actual metadata functions that are causing the issue, but still no word. 😟

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19335109/ios-7-safari-os-locks-up-for-4-secon ds-when-clicking-focusing-on-a-html-input

May 12, 2014 2:04 PM in response to Ricardo.Rincon

Hello!

I have seen many people asking about this error and if you are a developer, check this answer at stackoverflow. It's a very simple workaround but it works perfect:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19335109/ios-7-safari-os-locks-up-for-4-secon ds-when-clicking-focusing-on-a-html-input/23606434#23606434

Don't forget to upvote the answer if you are a stackoverflow member 🙂

Best regards

On iOS 7 Ipad Safari, when tapping the a text input on my site, the keyboard opens then freezes the OS for about 2-5 seconds then finally scrolls to the input. After this happens once, it never happens again until you refresh the page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.